Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Introductions

Belinda Ballard

Since this is my first newsletter, I’d like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Belinda Ballard and I am the new Shelter II/Volunteer Coordinator. I received my Bachelors degree in Social Sciences from University of Montana-Western and my Masters in Social Work from West Virginia University.

My husband and I moved to Butte this spring from Morgantown, West Virginia. While I’ve never lived in Butte before, Montana is my native state and I am so happy to be back. I’m finding Butte to have a great sense of community spirit. I am so impressed with the support we receive from the Butte community and surrounding areas. Despite the frigid winter temperatures, Butte is a wonderful place to be.

I look forward to continuing my work at Safe Space. I work with a wonderful, dedicated team and I am so happy to be a part of something meaningful. Women’s issues are very important to me and I feel like I can make a difference here. I look forward to continued service at Safe Space.


Jori Liva

Hello! My name is Jori Liva and I am the new Director of Suited for Success. Many of you are probably wondering who the new lady running the show on Park Street is and what she is about. Well here is a little information to answer your questions.

I am a recent graduate of Montana Tech, earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies and I am thrilled to be able to utilize my education for such a great organization. I am a Butte native who has always dreamed of being able to make a difference in the lives of others and when this job came available I was thrilled because not only could I help but I could do it in my home town.

I am forever an optimist and believe that there is good in all things and all people and this job is living proof. I believe that I am able to put so much into this job and all the things I do because of the amazing support system that I have. They are not only there for me every step of the way but also there when my optimism gets a little out of control.

My husband and I have been married nearly seven years and we have three beautiful children. My immediate family and in-laws are the best that anyone could ask for and together we have achieved great things.

Although I just recently became the director of Suited for Success there are a few things that I have noticed, without these things our organization would not be able to thrive as it does. These things are the amazing amount of community support that this organization receives and the people that make our existence possible through their unbelievable generosity. I look forward to working with all of you in the future and would like to thank you for the support you have given us in the past.

New Volunteers

In early November, Safe Space held a volunteer training. We had excellent turnout, and have added some wonderful volunteers. We’d like to welcome the following volunteers on board:

Chris Conell Cinda Seys
Bev Sloan Jori Liva

Thanks for joining us as volunteers. Your time is very precious to us and we appreciate it very much.

No comments: